Tuesday, August 5, 2014

22 Weeks.

 photo 22weeks145_zpsc636068a.jpg
 photo 22weeks061_zpsf9dd4783.jpg
 photo 22weeks091_zpsb7327ce2.jpg


22 Weeks! Baby is the Size of a Spaghetti Squash....and probably weighs 1 pound!

After next week I will be 6 months pregnant. How insane is that?! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was telling my mom from Virginia that Jacob and I were going to be parents. The happiness she expressed always brings a smile to my face when I think about it!

Well I feel like complaining a little bit (even though I know I am extremely blessed and that many people have to go through much worse things in this world, but sometimes you just need to vent!)

-The lady at Baby Gap asking me if I want a gift receipt. And I just want to scream at her and say "LOOK AT ME! I'M 5.5 MONTHS PREGNANT! THESE THINGS ARE FOR MY BABY!!" I don't know why that bothered me so much, probably because I'm sick of getting funny looks when I'm in a baby store shopping. Like I'm jumping the gun because my itty bitty bump.

-Which my bump really isn't that itty bitty. NONE of my clothes fit. Nada. I just don't even understand how I fit into some of those clothes before. Agh. It's so frustrating! And most maternity clothes make me want to throw up because they are so ugh.....mom-ish (and not in a good way!) Except for the ones I do like, which cost about $150 or more. Meh. I've found some gems at Goodwill though, like the skirt above!

-The thing that's been really bugging me is that I have RH negative blood type. And yes it's very rare. Only 15% of  Caucasian females have this blood type. And lucky me, I have O- which is the rarest blood type of all! Hm. The only reason it bugs me so bad is because if my baby has Positive blood type and somehow our blood mixes, my body will produce antibodies that could really harm my sweet baby. Makes me sick to think about. And because of this I have to get a shot at my 28 week appointment. And for a girl who hasn't taken any type of medicine, except for 1 Zantac (killer heartburn yall), since she's been pregnant. It makes me freak out!

Okay, well that's all for now. Haha. Now let's look at some really positive things happening!

-Blair is moving like crazy these days. She is still the wiggle worm we saw at 13 weeks and now that I can feel pretty much every movement, it makes me so happy! Every time I feel her I can't help but smile!

-I have a half outie belly-button. It's extremely awkward looking....and kinda gross. But Jacob loves it and thinks it's one of the cutest things ever so I'll put it in the positives! My belly has grown, as my dad put it...."looks like you swallowed a cantaloupe!".

-My hair has stopped falling out! YAY!

-This has been the best summer to be pregnant because it's not 100 degrees outside like it has been every summer I can remember. Instead we were having 70 degree weather! AMAZING!

-Also I got the job that every pregnant woman dreams of, a part-time job at Baby/Kids Gap! Meep! I'm so excited to start and meet some new people! (And not to mention that awesome discount for Blair some adorable clothes!)

2 comments:

  1. Asos has some great maternity options! I've been wearing a ton of maxi skirts/dresses. Pregnancy changes your style a ton. I'm excited to wear my normal clothes again... Also, I'm super jealous of your 70 summer weather!! How lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you look really great! and loving your dress!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS